how is your hotel stay affected?
Please visit our special FAQs page for specific information about your favourite citizenM hotel.
keeping you safe
We want you to feel safe at any citizenM hotel you visit. Our cleaning routine was already world-class – now, it’s beyond amazing. Below you’ll see what actions we’re taking for your health and safety.
- every hotel is now cashless
- hand sanitisers throughout public areas
- no bedspreads or carpets in guestrooms
- we use a 75% alcohol-based disinfectant
- sealed food and drink – pick up at canteenM
- clear social distancing signs and set safety routes
- living rooms and canteenMs cleaned 6 times a day
- public restrooms and elevators cleaned every hour
- rooms are cleaned and disinfected after every guest
- masks are required in line with local regulations
- lift capacity is set according to the local regulations
- protocols already in place in case of a suspected infection
- electrostatic sprayers to disinfect luggage and public areas
- guests tell us when to clean their room, via app or MoodPad
- guestrooms are independently ventilated with 100% fresh air
- easy-to-clean innovative materials like Corian® in guestrooms
- all citizenM laundry partners guarantee disinfected clean clothes
- societyM meeting rooms cleaned and disinfected after every use
- ultra-efficient small teams, unlike traditional hotels with 100 people per shift
- particular attention paid to high-touch areas like door handles, light switches and buttons
In case of a suspected infection, we already have protocols in place to deal with it efficiently. Communication will be immediate and clear to hotel guests and staff.
worry-free cancellations for individual bookings until 31 March 2021
We want to alleviate your travel worries, even those long-term ones! All individual citizenM reservations (except for early bird rates, or where noted) now come with free cancellation – that’s for any stay with dates up to and including 31 March 2021.
If you booked directly with us, you can change or cancel your own reservation through your My Bookings page. If you need help, our customer service team is available 24/7 via chat. If you booked a citizens-only, friend or corporate rate, you can cancel or modify your stay until 6.00 PM on arrival day. If you booked any other rate, you can cancel or modify your stay until 2.00 PM on arrival day.
If you booked via other travel agents, please contact them directly – you’ll find their details in your booking confirmation email. You can cancel or modify your stay until 2.00 PM on arrival day.
Please note: the free cancellations apply only to individual bookings. Different rules apply to group (11+ rooms) and meeting room (societyM) bookings. Please refer to your group or meeting room reservation emails for more details and contact options.
cancelling bookings made via external channels
citizenM is unable to help with cancelling bookings made through external channels.
If you booked via Expedia, please request a refund from them directly via this link.
If you booked via Booking.com, please follow this link to reach their customer service help centre.
If you booked via another channel (for example, a travel agent), please cancel with them directly – you’ll find their contact details in your reservation confirmation message.
citizenM UK hotel rules
From 20 December, London has fallen into Tier 4 restrictions. This means citizenM London Bankside, London Shoreditch and Tower of London hotels can only welcome guests travelling for business purposes or for approved exemptions (listed in the 'accommodation' section in the below link). All guests staying at these hotels will be asked to sign a waiver confirming their purpose of travel. Please see the dedicated UK government page for all the details.
From 26 December 2020, citizenM Glasgow hotel can only welcome guests travelling for business purposes or for approved exemptions (listed in the 'accommodation' section in the below link). All guests will be asked to sign a waiver confirming their purpose of travel. Please see the dedicated scot.gov page for all the details.
citizenM US hotel rules
All staying guests must present a valid, physical (no photocopies) ID upon check in - this includes the second guest in the room (we allow a maximum of 2 people per room, the second guest in the room may not change for another guest during the stay period).
We gladly accept all nationally recognized government-issued ID, such as: passport, driver's license, non-driver ID, active duty military ID, Department of Defense (DoD) card, global entry card, tax exemption ID.
The name on the credit card used to check-in must match the photo ID shown.
citizenM Asian hotel closures
In accordance with advice issued by the Malaysian government, citizenM Kuala Lumpur hotel is closed for bookings until 31 March 2021.
contactless experience powered by new app
Contactless stays are here! Our new, free app means you can stay at any citizenM hotel worldwide with minimal interaction. It features some truly amazing functionalities including:
- contactless check-in/out
- payment for all in-hotel purchases
- full room ambience control – lights, blinds, temperature
- pre-select a room on the way to hotel
- full in-room entertainment controls – use phone as a remote control
- service requests – extra pillows, toiletries, wake-up calls
- city experiences with local perks – like restaurant discounts and gym passes
- themed lists – e.g. 'best green spaces in town' or 'after work bites'
See the latest news and updates on the World Health Organization website.my booking World Health Organization