Fashion and modern design of the room. Great water pressure and hot water supply. Near subway location good. Very friendly staff. Give us support as soon as possible. Would probably stay here if I visit Taipei again.
We stayed just one night here, but i really wish we could have stayed more. Great location, just next to the North Gate and just around the corner from Beimen MTR station.The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are really confortable and clean, you can control temperature, lighting, colours, mood etc from the ipad in the room. We had an amazing view over the city. Breakfast was delicious and varied and my hot chocolate even had a design on the top. Such an original hotel. I highly recommend this place.
- great service! Very cool team working here;
- Ok breakfast (a little poor selection - but ok);
- Very good location - close to Beimen station, 10 mins walk to Ximen, 10 mins walk to Taipei main station and Airport mrt;
- Super modern rooms (controlled by ipad).
- Amazing view with high floors (ask 16 floor and higher if can);
- Comfy beds;
- No money exchange. Big issue. Weekends banks closed. No chance to change anywhere. It is first hotel i stayed in Taipei which doesnt change money...
- Lower floors are a bit noisy from highway.
In one line the hotel is simply amazing. There are a few flaws, but considering the price, the location and the views, its very very worth it.
- Great location. Very close to xidending night market and Taipei main station.
The hotel is easy to find is off the main road.
- The view. The room I stayed in was a river facing room the 11th floor. While compact and cosy, one side of the wall is an entire window (with blinds and curtain). This looks out to the entire city. That view is just unbelievable at the price. The hotel is on an intersection so you can see the beautiful city from your room,
- The service. The check-in/out is done via an automated kiosk. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room has basic amenities like toothbrush, ear cleaners, shampoo, soap etc. Its a no frills yet very well equipped service. The toilet is simple, not a Japanese style (I wish it were though)
- Style. This might be a personal one but the entire style of the hotel is pretty unique. Each guest is a "human citizen of the earth". The rooms are controlled via an iPad which is very fancy. Pro tip: The TV has the option to stream via airplay or miracast so if you carry your laptop you can view your movies on the TV.
The not-so Good
- The iPad. When it works, its very fancy and convenient. But sometimes, it does not work as well. The iPad needs to be restarted. Pro tip: Hold the power button and home button together for a few seconds to restart the device and things should work fine. I had to restart maybe 1-2 times a day. Another thing is, the TV is right next to the bed was very bright and there was no way to reduce the brightness. The automation is cool, but you need some manual control as well. I wish the hotel looks into these.
The hotel emailed me some reminders a few days before my arrival, and said that checking in to the hotel would only take 20 seconds upon getting in. I was like, no way! But true enough, 20 seconds was all it took to get my key card and room assignment.
That was efficient!
The room we got was on the 15th floor with stunning river view. Room was big enough for me and my friend and we marveled at how pretty much everything is digitally enabled. The hotel is close to the train station and some night markets. Overall it was a great stay. Will book this again when I visit. Cheers.
Everything is amazing, specialist the Tv and view, there is great expierence that I never have. We very enjoyed this travel because the room . I already make another booking ! Next time, I will stay two nights.
Small but very effective rooms, minimalist design and high tech amenities. Comfortable and fun, I would definitely come back. Great breakfast and nice staff. Good options especially for young travelers.
I had previously stayed at a CitizenM in Shoreditch, where I remember lying down for a short nap that ended up being 5 hours of solid sleep. The lift foyer pictures, bed, shower, amenities and Vitra sink were all exactly the same in Taipei.
Possibly the only different item was the white tea scented body lotion, locally sourced. It felt busier than Shoreditch - saw lots of young hip travelers going in and out around 10PM-midnight, taking photos on the red bench outside.
This time I stayed with a 10-year-old who enjoyed the iPad controls (which all actually worked, as did the self-check-in). We both loved the bed, which was just as comfortable as that in Shoreditch. A draft seemed to affect our door every time someone opened a door elsewhere on the floor - but it felt safe and was definitely clean.
Chose this for the reasonable price and proximity to the train to Taoyuan (ended up using Uber so can't comment on that) - happy for the price, but also glad I chose this for only one night given the abundance of more exotic options in Taipei.
Read others' reviews and did not go for the hotel breakfast. Zillions of tasty options in Taipei, including the Mountain Kids cafe just around the corner which is serious about its beans.