how is your hotel stay affected?
Please visit our special FAQs page for specific information about your favourite citizenM hotel.
keeping you safe
We want you to feel safe at any citizenM hotel you visit. Our cleaning routine was already world-class – now, it’s beyond amazing. Below you’ll see what actions we’re taking for your health and safety.
- every hotel is now cashless
- hand sanitisers throughout public areas
- no bedspreads or carpets in guestrooms
- we use a 75% alcohol-based disinfectant
- sealed food and drink – pick up at canteenM
- clear social distancing signs and set safety routes
- living rooms and canteenMs cleaned 6 times a day
- public restrooms and elevators cleaned every hour
- rooms are cleaned and disinfected after every guest
- masks are required in line with local regulations
- lift capacity is set according to the local regulations
- protocols already in place in case of a suspected infection
- electrostatic sprayers to disinfect luggage and public areas
- clean and disinfect guestrooms every 3 days for long stays
- guestrooms are independently ventilated with 100% fresh air
- easy-to-clean innovative materials like Corian® in guestrooms
- all citizenM laundry partners guarantee disinfected clean clothes
- societyM meeting rooms cleaned and disinfected after every use
- opt-in cleaning service for short stays – otherwise no one will enter room
- ultra-efficient small teams, unlike traditional hotels with 100 people per shift
- particular attention paid to high-touch areas like door handles, light switches and buttons
In case of a suspected infection, we already have protocols in place to deal with it efficiently. Communication will be immediate and clear to hotel guests and staff.
worry-free cancellations for all individual bookings until end of 2020
We want to alleviate your travel worries, even those long-term ones! Until the end of this year, all individual citizenM reservations come with free cancellation – that’s for any stay with dates up to and including 31 December 2020.
If you booked directly with us, you can change or cancel your own reservation through your My Bookings page. If you need help, our customer service team is available 24/7 via chat. If you booked a citizens-only, friend or corporate rate, you can cancel or modify your stay until 6.00 PM on arrival day. If you booked any other rate, you can cancel or modify your stay until 2.00 PM on arrival day.
If you booked via other travel agents, please contact them directly – you’ll find their details in your booking confirmation email. You can cancel or modify your stay until 2.00 PM on arrival day.
Please note: the free cancellations apply only to individual bookings. Different rules apply to group (11+ rooms) and meeting room (societyM) bookings. Please refer to your group or meeting room reservation emails for more details and contact options.
cancelling bookings made via external channels
citizenM is unable to help with cancelling bookings made through external channels.
If you booked via Expedia, please request a refund from them directly via this link.
If you booked via Booking.com, please follow this link to reach their customer service help centre.
If you booked via another channel (for example, a travel agent), please cancel with them directly – you’ll find their contact details in your reservation confirmation message.
citizenM UK hotel rules
There are new lockdown measures in London effective 5 November for at least one month. According to the rules, our 3 hotels (citizenM London Bankside, London Shoreditch, and Tower of London) can only welcome you if you are travelling for business, or for an approved exemption purpose. Each guest must present a photo ID to confirm their identity, as well as proof of business travel purpose (letter on company letterhead which includes travel dates) or proof of exemption. Please refer to clause 11 on the UK government page for more details on travel rules and regulations.
From 20 November until at least 11 December, citizenM Glasgow can only welcome you if you work for a critical sector, or the purpose of your stay is work-related (not leisure-related). We may ask you to provide documentation to prove your stay is compliant with these rules. Please refer to the official Scottish guidelines in the accommodation section of this page.
citizenM US hotel rules
All staying guests must present a valid, physical (no photocopies) ID upon check in - this includes the second guest in the room (we allow a maximum of 2 people per room).
We gladly accept all nationally recognized government-issued ID, such as: passport, driver's license, non-driver ID, active duty military ID, Department of Defense (DoD) card, global entry card, tax exemption ID.
The name on the credit card used to check-in must match the photo ID shown.
citizenM Asian hotel closures
In accordance with advice issued by the Malaysian government, citizenM Kuala Lumpur hotel is closed for bookings until 3 January 2021.
contactless experience powered by new app
Contactless stays are here! Our new, free app means you can stay at any citizenM hotel worldwide with minimal interaction. It features some truly amazing functionalities including:
- contactless check-in/out
- payment for all in-hotel purchases
- full room ambience control – lights, blinds, temperature
- pre-select a room on the way to hotel
- full in-room entertainment controls – use phone as a remote control
- service requests – extra pillows, toiletries, wake-up calls
- city experiences with local perks – like restaurant discounts and gym passes
- themed lists – e.g. 'best green spaces in town' or 'after work bites'
See the latest news and updates on the World Health Organization website.my booking World Health Organization